Sunday, February 3, 2008

Hospitality in the Middle East (Good & Bad)

I know this because I've experienced it myself, Arabs are generous and value generosity in others. Hospitality toward guests is essential for a good reputation. Arab hospitality requires that refreshments must always be offered to guests. When anything is offered, it is considered polite for the guest to decline at least twice before accepting, and for the host to offer at least three times before finally accepting a guest’s negative response. Arabs are generous people.

Is there anybody out there that would like to comment on this or has had an experience with Arab hospitality? Yes I was in the military and in the desert so I know about hospitality and non-hospitable situations. For my blog I will take both the good and the bad experiences of hospitality in the Middle-East. I would love to here from you.

Smokeybones...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As Salamu Aleikum,

have you given up this blog? Your last post seems to be made 2 years ago. If you wants maore readers and more info about Arab and Islamic Culture why don't you join this forum: http://www.islamicboard.com/

 
Google